Friday, July 27, 2012

Still weighing and watching

That's right I am still on the weight watcher bandwagon and going strong! I am a little over a month in and have lost 10 pounds. It is such a relief to start feeling like myself again. I just feel awful when I am carrying too much extra weight. I am 7 pounds away from my prepregnancy weight, not that my prepregnancy weight was health either but I am trying to look at small steps.

My first goal was to lose 5% of my body weight and so my next goal is to hit the pre-baby weight. After that my 10%. Setting those small reachable goals really helps me not get too overwhelmed. In the grand scheme of things I would love to lose 60 more pounds but honestly I would be very happy losing 20 more.

I feel like my attitude is much better this time around. I will not get discouraged with small losses because in the end game they will add up to a big loss! In the past it has always been my tendency to hit a plateau for a week or two and then give up. Then I would just gain all the weight and sometimes even more back. Clearly it is better to stay and fight through the plateau!

One thing I have always appreciated about weight watchers is that I really can eat what I want in moderation and I can splurge too. For example on my anniversary I ate chinese food to my hearts (stomachs :D ) content and I used my weekly points to cover it. I then just cut back a little the rest of the week. I mean, that is how I can live my life without going crazy.

So that is where I am right now. By the way it is astounding that my son is already 8 months old! Hopefully I can get this extra weight off in less time than it took to put it on while pregnant! It is going to be a close call!


Holly A. said...

Congratulations on your success!! You should absolutely celebrate those little milestones!

Paul Steve said...

Great post.congratulations on your Success.I like it.I like it.Thanks for sharing.
Buy Zyabn Online