Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I'm back.

Hi guys. I am now living in the new house, in the new town, and looking for a new job. I have been living here for almost 2 weeks without a fridge or stove so needless to say eating has not been good. We have been eating a lot of dollar menu fast food. If you visited by house blog you can see I have been very busy renovating on a budget. That means a lot of activity.

The husband and I have decided that once the fridge and stove are in we are back to healthy eating. It will be a challenge with such a tight food budget but I think with a little planning I can make it work. We did buy a small charcoal grill which will make some yummy and healthy food.

The new stove and fridge are dream items for me. Our last apartment had a fridge that wouldn't even keep popsicles frozen and produce barely stood a chance 2 days after purchase. Our old stove burnt everything on the outside and left it uncooked on the inside. I feel really good that we got the appliances that we really wanted not just what was cheapest. I am very excited to see my stainless steel beautiful appliances. I had planned on purchasing an inexpensive glass top electric stove but ended up going with an upgraded version with a larger burner option and is self cleaning. I am so excited for my side by side fridge with ice and water in the door which we got $500 under the retail price due to the fact that it is the floor model. I cannot wait!

So while I do not plan on jumping on any specific plan (like ww or calorie count) but rather to eat foods that are less processed and watching my portions. I think that that will be a great start. I have to say I am feeling really motivated by my fellow health bloggers like Andrea Kerry and Sheryl I am just not feeling healthy right now and I miss how I felt 20lbs ago. I was so happy and proud. I was really building myself back up and enjoying life. I was loving the new clothes I could wear and I miss having more positive shopping experiences. I love clothes.

So that is where I am right now, ready to make some change.

No comments: