Friday, June 22, 2012

Back on the WWwagon.

A great friend of my recently sent me her weight watchers plus materials including the new points plus calculator. WW has been the only strategy in the past that has shown results for me. I am going to give it another go. I am combining ww with weekly goal setting. I found a goal chart in some healthy eating materials that my husband brought home from his nutrition class at work. It have 2 weeks of boxes and spots for 5 goals. Each day you check off the daily goals that you completed. My Goals - walk 30 minutes a day -get outside/read on my porch -drink 2 bottles of water a day -track my food -eat breakfast Pretty simple goals to hit everyday and although 2 bottles of water is barely meeting the recommended amount of water I should be drinking I wanted to set a goal that I was likely to be able to meet. Right now drinking any water during the day is challenging because I do not even think about it, so 2 bottles is a huge improvement. Now you probably don't know this but I am a huge list maker. I love checking items off of my to do list. I think this goal chart plays into my list making obsession. I know it is time to focus because my weight is not healthy and I am not setting a good example for my son. I feed him all fruit and veggies because I know that it is what is best for him right now, why don't I care enough about myself to eat better? As much as I want to believe that I can not change and the weight will magically disappear the truth is it hasn't happened yet. Right after having the baby I dropped weight at a 2-5lb loss a day. It was so amazing to see the scale go down every single day but in reality that will never happen again. I need to acknowledge that if I want to see change in my body I need to change my lifestyle.

2 comments:

Cassie said...

I am thinking that I will be rejoining WW after my baby is born, if I can manage to fit it in. Still not trying to overcommit myself, until I can establish a routine and life with a baby... but best of luck, I too am a list maker and nothing gives me more satisfaction than getting to cross something off my list!

Food Coma said...

Cassie, Make sure you don't rush yourself, you will need lots of rest and if you are breastfeeding eating is very important. My son is almost 7 months old and I am just getting to a place where I feel like I can focus on my eating. Enjoy every second of your new baby because goes scary fast!