Sunday, May 18, 2008

Workout buddies..do they ever work out?

I went for a leisurely walk with a new friend of mine last night and we got one the topic of losing weight. Ok I'll be honest she is a size ZERO and I was talking about the need to go to the gym. She was like "yeah we will be gym buddies" and I was thinking about the fact that I have always had a dependancy on my workout buddy, they were always my ride. I have my own ride now so thats no longer a problem. I think that a workout buddy is a good idea for accountability but do I really want to workout with someone who is sooo  .. well ..in better shape then me? 
Was that a judgemental comment? Am I being snobby? I'll be honest it isn't really that big of a deal to me it is just something new. I usually work/hang out with people who are more like me but I really don't want to judge people by their size because thats just not cool. 
I think that it might be a good idea, she is very into things that I am interested in trying, like biking, taking walks, and hiking. She will probably be a good influence. 
I'm pretty sure this blog is in the form of brain vomit and I apologize if it is hard to follow ; )

3 comments:

Natalie said...

i agree with you. i am always looking for someone that is in better shape than me to work out with. i think it pushes me much harder. nice to "meet" you. i am searching blog land for more WW buddies to encourage me.

Food Coma said...

I always wonder if I am any source of encouragement to anyone because lets be honest lately my weightloss journey has been traveling in a downward spiral. I have my blog for selfish reasons so it is really all your comments that keep me going. Thanks

anna said...

i feel the same way. it's hard for me to workout with someone who's body is so much better than mine. I mean, it can also be motivational at times...but then there are the times you just feel like you don't measure up?

however, it's always good to get a boost from someone who is already commited to the gym.