Monday, November 22, 2010

Deal

So I presented an idea to my husband tonight, well not an idea but more of a deal. Let me prefence this with the fact that I have no shopped for clothing in months, like 6 or 7 months. We bought a house and I was unemployed which meant we were on a very very tight budget. I have been getting the shopping itch.

Maybe it is because I have gained weight and nothing fits, or maybe it is just because I am sick of wearing the same things all the time. Maybe I just watch too much what not to wear.

Anyways I have been lacking any motivation to stick to a healthy eating plan. I thought about rejoining weight watchers but lets be honest, it is not cheap. For all of you who will tell me it is worth it, yes I know and agree. Heading into winter I know I won't want to get bundled up and go to meetings on icy roads. The nearest meeting is 20 minutes away. Right now it isn't the best choice for me. So I made a plan.

My husband has agreed that for every 10 lbs I lose I get a shopping spree. I get to spend $100, without guilt, on myself. I realize for a lot of you thats not much money but for me it is. It is just the boost I need and the rough equivalent of 2 months of weight watchers. It.is.on.

When I brought up the plan my husband said "seems like a bad idea with thanksgiving coming up" I shocked myself with a quick reply of "It's only one day" I guess I have learned soemthing all these years of dieting haha.

So here it is I weighed in this morning at 191, I plan to bust my butt and hit 181 by Christmas.

No comments: