Sunday, April 10, 2011

life as an undercover prego

SO only a handful of people in my life know I am pregnant at this point, since I am not seeing my Dr until 11 weeks I still have a way to go before we let the news out. I feel like I am constantly exhausted, my house is a wreck, I am moody at work and I can make no excuse (even though I have a good one) I cannot wait until I can finally say "sorry I have been so lazy lately! but I am pregnant"

Did I mention that I had the stomach flu this week? Oh yeah full blown vomiting and diarea. No, it was not morning sickness it was the real deal flu. Bonus, since I am pregnant I couldn't take ANY medicine to help. Pure torture, I wanted to die. I missed 2 days of work (Tues/Wed) and really shouldn't have gone in on Thursday because I was still hurting pretty bad. I lost 3lbs, I thought it was mostly water weight but I still haven't put 2 of them back on.

The most part of being sick was worrying about the baby, I was so afraid. I guess it was my first mommy moment when I realized I would rather choke down water every 10 minutes to stay hydrated for the baby even if it meant I would throw some of it up.

I am feeling much better now but really yesterday was the first day I started to feel like myself. SO far I haven't had to deal much with morning sickness(knock on wood) and I am now 6 weeks pregnant! I hope that I am lucky enough to stay the way!!

In other odd pregnancy news although I am down 2 lbs none of my jeans fit. Holy bloating Batman!

1 comment:

Losing It said...

Being pregnant for the first time is such fun!

The babe is safer than you know right now or ever feel it will be.

Get to feeling better and keep that water going down.