Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Cloth

Today's adventure included dropping little Moxie Mayhem my italian greyhound off to get fixed and researching cloth diapers! Very interesting and slightly overwhelming stuff I tell ya. We made the decision to go the cloth diaper route before we even started trying to get pregnant.

It just makes so much financial and environmental sense. We are looking at spending $3-400 dollars (depending on the style we go with) for the entire diapering of our child's life and also any other future children. If went end up with only one child cloth diapers resell for around 75% of the original cost. To put a dollars and cents point of comparison the average child goes through aprox $3000 in disposable diapers. That is about 10x more that cloth.

Cloth diapers get a bad wrap I think. People have not seen the amazing leap and bounds that cloth diapers have gone through. No more pins and folding cloth. They are just as functional as disposables and even come in velcro (I'm going with snaps because they last longer) They also come in one size diapers that adjust as your baby grows. Now this barely scrapes the surface on cloth diapers and there are many other moms out there that know WAYYYY more than I do but I do plan on giving my honest lokk at using them!

No comments: