Monday, January 4, 2010

Very exciting stuff

I spent my morning cleaning up the apt, then I was off to run errands. I went to BJ's (like cosco or Sam's club) and got a good deal on some cucumbers and peppers. I then went to Whole Foods and picked up all sorts of goodies including two new veggies to try out. I bought an eggplant and a head of cauliflower, both of which I have been avoiding through out my life. My husband is so excited because he loves both! I am thinking of roasting the cauliflower, maybe with some balsamic. I'm not 100% sure about what to do with the eggplant.

I am also going to try my hand at a breakfast cookie tonight to have for breakfast in the morning. I am feeling pretty good about things this morning. I did not count points today and I have decided to get myself back into eating healthy and not worrying too much about the exact points. For dinner I just cut up a ton of veggies, carrots, trio of peppers and cukes with some veggie dip and hummus.

So I am feeling good and am going to go enjoy a nice cup of coffee.

4 comments:

Nikki Bond said...

Hi! Thanks for the comment on my blog. I too am new to cooking veggies... It kind of intimidates me! If you find a good recipe you should post it.

~Amie~ said...

I like to make eggplant casserole..Peel and cut up eggplant and boil it until soft...mix with can of Rotel (or other tomatos and green chiles can), Shredded cheese, and crushed ritz. Bake at 350 for about 20-30 minutes...yum!

H-woman said...

I like eggplant in ratatouille (veggie stew). Roasted cauliflower is AWESOME!

H =)

Martalu said...

The last time I made eggplant, I cut the eggplant into slices and pan seared them on both sides. Then I threw them into the crock pot with cut mushrooms, carrots, onions, bell peppers, garlic, and herbs (basil and oregano). I topped all that with canned tomatoes and cooked on low for hours. I served it on whole wheat orzo pasta and topped it with shredded mozzerella. Yum!