Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I have a confession..

I don't drink my water, not even a little bit. I used to be pretty good about getting 40ish oz a day. Now I drink diet coke, maybe a little milk, and well thats it. I'm not sure how I got to this point of not drinking any water but it is most definitely not ok. When I do focus on drinking water i usually feel like I have to chug it down, then I get really bad heartburn and usually it is at night which leads to other problems.

I know I need to change this habit. I tend to lean towards all or nothing so my firs thought is "ok, I will quite drinking diet coke" which in itself is not a horrible idea but I love it. It is my zero calorie escape. It is my source of caffeine, because coffee (with creamer) has calories but not my lovely dc. It is so addictive, I get the worst headaches without it. Yes, in the past, I have given it up but I always come back to it. It is my only vice. I don't smoke, do drugs, or even drink (maybe once a month). Well carbs and diet coke.

I need to focus on moderation. I need to get my water in for sure. I think I should fill a gallon of water, put it in my fridge and then everyday I will see just how far I make it through that gallon. Make it a game.

No comments: