Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Fix it Quick!

I can feel my motivation slipping and many things are playing into it. Firstly, I am home on school break and that kills my eating patterns. Secondly, I only lost 1/2 lb this week when I thought it was going to be more. Thirdly Christmas is around the corner and that means food, food, food. I have been half ass tracking. You know that tracking where you say ok I used about 33 points and so you post food, 33 points. Not itemizing like you are supposed to. Its actually kind of funny since I have more spare time to track since I am not working. At one point I thought "well I will just not do ww this week and get back on track next week. Not a good idea.

So I need to address my issues now before I lose it. SO Firstly, I need to set an eating schedule in my day. I will eat breakfast when I get up, Lunch at 12 and dinner. My plan is to try to stick to fruit as snacks as much as possible. Secondly, I will focus on how I feel not how much I lost. Thirdly, I will focus on tracking each food and not doing bulk numbers. Fourthly, I will keep up with my running schedule.

I will say I had success at the grocery store yesterday. I really wanted to buy come potato chips and reached for them multiple times but then I put them back. You see, I know that if they are not in my house then I cannot eat them and if they are in my house then I will absolutely eat them. Instead I bought some delicious oranges.

I also make cookies last night. It is a recipe that I love for pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. They are 2 points according to the recipe builder. I decided to try a new substitution and traded the 1/2 cup of oil for a 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce. They turned out GREAT! It dropped the points to 1 per cookies, a points+ steal!

I have also really made an attempt to clean up/organize the house. It makes a huge difference in my stress level, having a clean house. Plans for the rest of the day include picking up the ingredients for my famous pulled pork and coleslaw that I am bringing to the family Christmas party, finish laundry, and run. WIsh me luck!

2 comments:

Chubby McGee said...

Good luck! We're here for you. We also understand completely what you're going through: I'm baking cookies as I type (ugh!).

Hang in there, kiddo! It'll be January in no time and all the food will be behind us and all those weight loss ads will be staring us in the face as even more motivation!

Kimberly said...

You've got a plan. You are halfway there. Half of this battle is simply preparing and planning.

You can do this, even with food food food everywhere.

What do you want more?