Thursday, July 3, 2008

Summer eating

From what I remember from summers past the heat usually causes people to not want to eat much. This is not so for me. I have been eating like a fiend and feel like a bottomless pit. When I found myself out of points both daily and flex this evening I ended up pigging out on cherrios.
 Ok yeah thats funny to me. I am feeling guilty for eating plain dry ordinary cherrios. I think that it was a good choice on my part though because in other situations when I felt that I was hungry but out of points I would have tended to go for chips, ice cream, or cookies with milk. 
I would seeing eating those things as doing equal damage as any food because I had already "screwed up" on my diet. It wouldn't matter what I ate because the bottom line was that I was over my points so either way it was bad. 
Eh bonus points for making an unconscious positive choice I suppose. Also on the  patting myself on the back line of discussion I have been doing fabulously with my water intake and still no diet coke. 
Have a happy and safe 4th everyone!

1 comment:

Martalu said...

That is kind of funny about the cheerios! You most definitely could have done worse! This endeavor of ours is not easy, is it? But as long as you get back on track, you are a success!

I'm so proud of you for avoiding the D.C. I need to work on my water consumption as well. Keep up the good work!