Sunday, October 26, 2008

Schedule adjustment

SO I just emailed my boss to see if I can adjust my schedule so I can have a little more time in the mornings 3 days a week. Why you my ask...well I am in classes this semester 3 night a week til 8ish so I needed to find some free time to fit in some running.
 Originally I had planned to run at 6 in the morning to allow me time to shower and get to work by 8.  So as simple as it seemed I figures that I should try getting up that early on an off day just to see how it was. 6 am is really early, really really early. So realizing that I didn't want to set myself up to fail I made a new plan. If I adjust my morning schedule 3 times a week well actually it will only be 2 because Monday I don't have class til 9 am anyways. 
I don't see the schedule change to be a problem by boss is pretty laid back and the kids don't really start to arrive until 9ish anyways. SO we will see what she says about it and go on from there. 
So I am feeling good about this because usually I make plans that are too difficult to stick to but this time I have really thought about it. I am actually excited to start running again. I can't believe that I quit before because of crappy shoes if only I had listened to Marie the first time when she said to go to a running store for shoes. oops. So once the schedule is ok'ed I will go pick up my shoes and get started.  

One question, Has anyone done the couch to 5k program and had to repeat week one? Both times I have tried it I have felt the need to repeat week one should I just really push to get through week two?

No comments: