Saturday, August 9, 2008

GNO was a blast

Girls night was fun and we had awesome fondue and yummy cake. I had a couple cocktails and a lot of laughs. Sometimes it takes such a small act like getting together with a few friends to hang out to remind you how good life really is. 
Life is not about weight, food, or points. It is about friends, good times, family, and laughter. My weight doesn't stop me from any of those things, unless I let it. 
I realize that my last few points may not be as supportive of what a weight loss blog usually is but the bottom line is that I am still just trying to figure it all out. How to balance weight loss and life. How to focus on my family, friends, education, and how to enjoy my life while I am living it. I do not want to live for "when I am skinny" but instead I want to live now. 

2 comments:

Crystal said...

I think life is just a constant struggle ... there is always something to figure out. It's nice to hear that you're able to go out and have fun and not allow your weight to affect that ... for me it's the opposite but I'm working on it.

Pheonix said...

You know, I really admire your positive attitude! And I have to agree... all this point counting is hard to handle, and I have to admit, not seeing much results from all this effort is disturbing LOL! You're right though, life shouldn't be centred around counting food points and obsessing over what we eat... the theory behind the WW thing I believe is sound, watch your portions, make smart food choices, excercise enough, drink water... all great things. It's great that you can find a way to stay on track without all the adding up of points, though! I'm still learning and am finding the points helpfull, but perhaps along the road I may find I can let go a little! Who knows!

Wishing you lots of luck in your weightloss endeavors!