Wednesday, September 30, 2009

In control for a road trip

Just a note. As I mentioned in a previous post today I am planning on a trip up north to the inlaws. Typically once I get in the car to drive up all diets are off. I give up the second the door closes behind me. First stop is always for coffee which leads to a donut or bagel. Umm not thank you. This trip I am going to change that.

I will get coffee but I am going to pack some food to eat/ eat a big lunch before I leave. I know that I cannot control much about the meals I have this weekend but I am going to focus on portion control. I am going to avoid all the sweets (my MIL always bakes when we are there). I could ask her not to make them but that is not realistic. There are other people living there and I am not going to deprive them of treats that they only get to enjoy every once in a while. I will just have to focus. I know I can do it.

I think just writing this down helps me feel control. I know that I can do it if I plan. If all else fails I am going to keep avoiding using my flex points so I will have those to use if needed. I can also get some walking in while I am there. I still have a week + until we go so I just need to keep this in mind. I am in control of how this weekend goes.

No comments: