Friday, July 31, 2009

ok

I think I may have mentioned this before....

I was thinking today of some advice my husband gave me a few months ago. I was feeling crappy thinking about quitting weight watchers again because I wasn't really losing anything. The honest truth was probably that I was eye balling servings and giving up midweek, which can mess with your mind. You think that you are doing well but really you are discounting how many points are really in the foods you are eating, especially when you go out.

So back to the advice, my husband basically said....Why quit? You will just gain back what you lost and end up rejoining again... probably sounds harsh but he didn't say it that way. He was calling me out on a behavior pattern that I have been playing over and over the past 4 years. He is right, that is exactly what would have happened. I'm glad I listened.

I may not be dropping pounds like I want to but at least I am moving in the right direction. I really do wish I could drop 2 or 3lbs a week like other people do but it doesn't work for me that way. I am so lucky if I lose 1. It sucks and it is tough but being sad about it isn't going to make my body work differently. I have to take what I can get and push forward. It is the only way I will be able to meet my goal.

Thank you to every single one of my followers and to every blog that I follow. I know I may not be much of a role model but I appreciate your support and information. You guys keep me going.

I have been kicking around the same 10lbs for years and I am done with them. Go AWAY! I don't want you anymore! No more fooling around I mean business. I am just barely in the 170s and I will not go back to the 180s. 180 something I am done with you! Never again. I am living my life and I want to be healthy and happy. I am going to see 130 something on the scale and maybe 120something. I will. My short term goal is to get into the 140's before my cruise in February but I will be happy if I get into the 150's and hey 160 something is progress too.

So this is how I am feeling right now. It's craziness in my head but I am doing ok.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

You will... you will get there! Got to love our husbands for their honesty. He is right. Giving up will not do any good. You can do this and I am excited to see the progress :) Keep up the great work