Friday, January 16, 2009

insert clever title

Still a little nervous about exercising today, I don't want to take any chances with the tummy. Food is pretty good today, I am in the low points as planned. I had some yummy subway for lunch and pasta for dinner. I didn't really snack at all today which is good because snacking is always what kills me. 
I don't really have much else to say pretty boring day, ran some errands and cleaned  the house. I also found out that my grant has been delayed so I out of work for yet another week. On the plus side that means I get to start my semester without worrying about work but on the negative it is another week of no pay. 
Oh I guess one interesting thing that happened today was that I got an email from a friend who is very outdoorsy and active. I had asked her if she kayaks and she replied with

"We should make a plan to go kayaking this summer, it will
be fun. Okay, this what we'll do. This late spring, we will go kayaking, (or
canoeing, we have a canoe), rock climbing (you need to try it), sailing (we
have a boat), and we'll end the day by jumping off a huge cliff into a the
lake."

Wow those are some big plans and all things that I would never dare to do. But I said yes! I want to have adventures and will the weight that I plan to lose by spring (about 20lbs) I think I will be able to do it. I am so lucky to have a friend that is so willing to take the time to teach me all these things. I am soo excited!! This is the life I want to live and the things I want to do in my spare time instead of sitting on my bum watching reruns on tv. 

5 comments:

Mom of Two Boys said...

It takes a lot of courage to do something so out of your comfort-zone.

Good for you!

Rosie said...

Good for you... you're going to have such a fun summer. My BF and I already can't wait for warm weather so we spend it camping/hiking/and fishing... we're beginning outdoorsy types... :)

Stages of Change said...

Nancy nailed it. It takes a lot of courage to do something out of our comfort zone. And I truly feel that doing those things is an intregal part of our self healing process. Have a great one!

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Good for you for saying YES!!! Now that I am down 68 lbs., I am finding that I am open to doing so many more things that I wouldn't have before.

It sounds like a blast! Now you have something to look forward to and to keep your motivation going!

♥ Dee ♥ said...

That sounds awesome in an EEEEEEEK sort of way!!