Sunday, January 18, 2009

Read all before judging please

I'm not going to lie I am feeling a little irritated when I see the BLBE weight lists showing that some people lost 10lbs for the first weigh in!!! Don't get me wrong I am really happen for the individuals who lost the weight, Great job honestly. Personally I have never lost more than 2lbs per week (exception of 1st weigh in at ww) it just seems so unfair that others can drop such big numbers. I mean I am asking for 1lb a week for myself and I probably won't even get that most weeks. It certainly isn't for a lack of trying or following plan, I just don't lose weigh easily at all. 
I dream of stepping on the scale and seeing a 3lb loss I would probably get off the scale and hop back on to make sure it was right. I personally know that I won't be the biggest loser, I didn't really sign up to win. I may win as a team trust me I am all for team spirit (GO A-TEAM) and I have an amazing team that I am already immensely proud of.  I just don't want to let my team down by losing .8 or 1.2 but that may be all I can do. 
Bottom line. my body is like my personality, doesn't want to give up anything it might need later.  I am giving this my best and I will give my team that .8 or 1lb loss because it is moving in the right direction. Slow and Steady baby. 

Rock on A-Team  1.29% of us is gone for good!!

=

9 comments:

Crystal said...

Remember that those losses are from 2 weeks worth of losses!! Also YOU ROCK no matter how much yo lose each week ... the thing is that you ARE losing :)

Mom of Two Boys said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mom of Two Boys said...

I'm totally with you on that. I dream of the day I can lose 3 lbs in one week... (sigh)

karen said...

My 2 week total loss was .4 .... less than half of a freakin pound in 2 weeks .... so I totally feel where you're coming from!

Laura said...

AGREED! I get excited with a 1 lb loss....like seriously excited. My body hangs on to this weight like you wouldn't believe.

Fatinah said...

also keep in mind where everyone is at in their weight loss. Some people are starting off with a bit more weight to lose than others. Really, try to take joy in your own losses and triumphs. Your team mates will be so happy to help you celebrate every 0.1 of a lb lost!! And so will those of us over on Team Lynn. We are all in this together!

Kari@Onederland said...

yeah I hear you girl. Somehow I think I didn't understand the start date and I only reported for 1 week and even that it was late so it didn't get added. BUT those results were for 2 weeks that you see for everyone. Don't worry about the numbers from everyone one....you just do what you need to do!

Di said...

I can make you feel even better- I GAINED for two weeks in a row. I am 50, going through menopause and my hormone shifts make weight terribly unpredictable ( along with other things). I joined the challenge because i stupidly believed that things had finally stabilized. Not so. At my stage in life, a consistent loss of a half a pound a week is a miracle. I don't even aspire to those big losses because my body just will not do it any more.So why not drop ? Because bottom line is I began this weight loss journey to be a mentor and role model for my son , as well as a weight loss buddy. He is 16,Autistic and needs to lose a total of 225 lbs.The only way to help him is to be a good example, and this challenge helps to keep me motivated. For myself, while the scale may not move mountains, I know that I am better prepared to handle the challenges of this stage of life because of my efforts.It would be much worse if I just laid down and did nothing. No matter what the final outcome, we are ALL winners because of our efforts here.

Krissy said...

The only reason I had a 3 lbs loss was because it was over the course of 2 weeks. I lose weight really slowly because of a combination of medical issues the most bothersome one being PCOS, so I feel you on the .08 and less losses. You will never let your team down if you are doing your best to stay on track on work towards your goals.