Friday, January 23, 2009

More Diet Coke disscussion.

I think that I have been doing the crazy night time eating thing again. I think that it IS because I am drinking copious amounts of diet coke again.

I tend to pick up a diet coke at school to stop myself from feeling deprived of the fried or sugary goodness. It stops the mindless eating while studying. It is the evening that is the problem I come home and start drinking the dc around 6. I really feel that there is a correlation between the evening dc drinking and the non stop munching.

Oh yeah and the water drinking is seriously lacking due to always having a dc on hand. So I guess one test is to stop drinking Diet Coke after dinner.Or maybe even just drink it at school as a treat. Wait I think I just talked myself into a circle, didn't I just try the no diet coke at home thing...yeah and failed miserably. I am really thinking more and more that I might need to just stop drinking the dc all together.

Ahhh I don't know. It is so hard to give up a 0 calorie treat!!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

there are studies out there that say that diet pop actually does increase your cravings for junk foods. they say that because your body is getting aspartame instead of sugar it starts craving the real stuff ... i've found my cravings have reduced by 95% ... when i want a pop i just have a regular one.

♥ Dee ♥ said...

It's been talked about relentlessly, but I can't quote any studies.

What I can tell you is that when I cut sweets out, and that includes diet soday, I go through three days of withdrawls. Then I don't crave sweets anymore and can function without madness.

So, in my humble opinion, yes. It is the diet coke that is causing the cravings and bingeing. That's only one reason to give it up, though. The other is this... when you put something in your mouth, you have to think: is this fueling my body? Is it nutritionally worth it? Does my healthy body need this? If the answer is no... then why are you doing that to yourself?

That's what helps me, anyways...

♥ Dee ♥ said...

omg, over on nutrimirror they are having this discussion, too:

http://www.nutrimirror.com/people/doneym/journal/1232741534/thinking-of-giving-up-diet-soda